Implications of a dream......

Friday, October 31, 2008

This actually happened to me a few days ago and I meant to post it up immediately but there was no connection at my work place so it was postponed up until now. Well so here goes my story:

I had a sleepness night the other day and had not encountered it for about a year. Usually I will sleep through the night soundly without any dreams and wake up the next morning feeling fresh and energetic. However, that particular night, I was unable to sleep. I lay wide awake in my bed until the wee hours of the morning then only gradually drifted off to sleep. I guess I only had about forty winks as I was awoken again by the morning prayers broadcasted from the mosque. I was used to the sound of morning prayers and it usually has no effect or whatsoever on me but I was particularly sentitive to it that day. My lids were heavy therefore I tried to get back to sleep and this time I slowly drifted to dreamland………….or should I say scary dreamland.

In the dream I was unable to define where I was as the place seems unfamiliar to me but I know I have a car and it was somewhere near a market and a park. The park was where I parked my car. I was at the market and all of a sudden there were vampires chasing me. I can’t see them or their faces neither that I know if they are of human form but it was just a gut feeling that there were vampires chasing me waiting to turm me into one.

To be exact, in my dream there were only 2 vampires and me in the picture. I’m not sure where everyone else has gone to but who cares? I only thought of running. One of them was chasing me while the other was still on the verge of turning into a vampire. I had to freeze the other in order to prvent it from turning into one. The weird thing was that the 2nd vampire was almost the size of a fish so I was able to locate an ice box with loads of ice in it and dumped him in (I assume it was a he).

Throughout the dream I was practically running here and there to escape the first vampire, find an icebox, freeze the second bugger so that it would not turn into their kind, and carrying the heavy icebox to load it into my car and take off to a safe location. (busy huh?) As I was loading the icebox into the car the vampire closed in on me, I knew I didn’t have a chance but still trying hard to get myslf out of the sticky situation. In the midst of deciding whether to fight off the vampire with all I’ve got or just to drop the icebox and run to save my pretty a**, I woke up from my dream.

I wasn’t sweating but my heart was beating rapidly. All energy seems to be seeped out of me as I felt lethargic. I felt drowsy that whole day during work but luckily there wasn’t any class conducted for that whole week. Hm…….. people say that dreams are actually a message to us from the subconscious mind. I wonder what mine is telling me. Any dream interpretor out there to help me out?

0 comments: