Life is like dark chocolates.

Thursday, February 19, 2009


While doing my work, i suddenly remebered that i still had some dark chocolates stored away in my food supply drawer. Talking about dark chocolates, i don't have a real dislike or liking towards it cause it bitter and a bit bland. But just now as i broke of a little square piece of that large bar and put it in my mouth, I try to savour every little taste of it. Maybe due to the emotions that i have gone through yesterday night, i had a whole new experience of tasting dark chocolate.

I rest my head against the chairback, close my eyes, and slowly suckled at the chocolate. It tasted bitter as usual but as it starts to melt in my mouth there was a very mild sweetness which sorts of blends into that bitterness. What more of an appropriate word than 'bittersweet' to describe the whole tasting experience. The taste still lingers around my mouth and in my mind. I would say from that experience onwards i am deeply in love with dark chocolate.

I guess the reason why people love dark chocolate is because they can relate the taste closely with life. It is a very bitter life out there now with the economic's recession and other unhappy things that occur along the way but try to slow down and appreciate all the goods things that had happen and you will find the little sweetness in your life. It is those little sweetness that makes the bitter bearable and with this you will go far.

0 comments: